Monday, October 02, 2006

I just want Allah.

Where is Allah in all of this?

What do you mean?

Everyone prays and fasts, but where is Allah in all of this? Has it become a ritual?

Are you judging people?

No, I’m just asking, all this talk of following the rules, but what is it all for? Aren’t we missing the point?

What do you mean?

Well, Allah says: ‘Pray so that you may remember Me’.

And?

Have we lost sight of it, has it become a community thing, an identity thing or a ritual thing or something?

Are you sure you’re not judging people?

I suppose I am. I want to hear someone talk of Allah Himself. People talk of jannah and jahannam and the sunnah but what of Allah Himself?

I don’t get what you mean…

I mean, we’re missing the point. I just want Allah.

If you seek Allah, a good place to start would be here.